a royals fan in atlanta

Monday, April 02, 2007

Opening Day

Finally. It's about mid-December when I always feel like baseball season is never going to arrive. Before you know it, pitchers and catchers are reporting. Spring training opens and...Baseball is here.

The good news for the Royals is of course the season starts today against Boston. We'll get to see finally what Gil Meche can do and see in a few days just how good is Dice-K.

The bad news is Octavio Dotel is a bit banged up. A strained oblique isn't the end of the world, but it's an injury that could nag him later if it doesn't heal completely. Congratulations to Scagnetti for calling the injury.

We'll be having a chat later this week, most likely Wednesday. Details will be up tomorrow. My wife and I are moving to a new house at the end of the month and our cable company doesn't have the baseball package. We'll be getting satellite a few days after we move so we can catch the Royals games, but I won't be able to watch them until that time. For now I'll be watching them online. Thanks a lot Comcast.

I'll be blogging the game in real-time today for the first hour before I have to head out. I'll be back late tonight to talk about the game.

It should be a good season...

Posted by Joe :: 10:42 AM ::

|

---------------oOo---------------