a royals fan in atlanta

Thursday, May 17, 2007

What I've Learned

During this time away from blogging I've watched plenty of Royals games, read about them and decided this...I'm a Royals fan for life. Absolutely.

I've cursed caught-looking strikeouts, thrown things during double plays and generally been as angry at them as I've been at other teams I follow. Nothing says love like yelling in frustration.

I've learned that I really like David DeJesus. His .351 OBP isn't too shabby, along with the 31 runs scored.

I've learned Gil Meche should have a stat for how many games heshould have won. He's 3-1, but he could be 7-3. That 1.91 ERA is top notch. He's pitching as well, if not better, than I hoped.

I learned that having one top pitcher isn't enough. OK, that's not something I actually just learned, but it goes with the post. Here in Atlanta the saying used to be, "Spahn and Sain and pray for rain." In KC it's "Meche, now what?"
The Braves are having a similar problem once the rotation gets to the 3, 4 and 5 spots.

I learned I really enjoy watching Royals games. That might sound stupid, but there's something about rooting for a team you're not used to being invested in emotionally. It's great fun. Even when the lose.

I learned that I procrastinate. A lot. Sorry.

I learned that once you order the MLB Extra Innings Package, there is no reason to leave the house between April and September. None.

Finally, I learned that I can't help but thinking I should have know better about Dotel. So far, he and I have pitched in the same number of games.

Now to you: What have you learned so far this season?

Posted by Joe :: 2:02 PM ::

|

---------------oOo---------------